Let's face it, after becoming a mom, your time, and your past priorities tend to take a backseat to everything else. When you are spending time with baby, focussing on feeding your family, keeping up with house chores, and not to mention if you are a full time working momma, other things just aren't that important! Now I know I'm not the only one with 2 month old nail polish still on my toes! I mean, painting my nails is just not worth the time these days!
What is worth your time as a mom though is working out! Even with all of the to-dos that you have to get done, and the attention that you are giving your baby, it's SOOOO important to workout and take that time for yourself!
Top 5 reasons why it's important to find time to workout as a mom!
1) Value Yourself-when you carve out the time to workout, whether that's waking up before everyone, going to the gym (and putting your baby in childcare), or working out after the baby is sleeping, you are telling your body, and mind that you value yourself! And that is so important! When you have value for yourself, then others have value for you! The way we see ourselves and the way we treat ourselves reflects on the outside, so when we are valuing ourselves enough to give time back to ourselves, then that is seen on the outside, and that value can be felt in every area of life.
2) More Confidence-it's obvious, working out breeds more confidence in us! And confidence is GOOD in every area of life! When we workout, when we sweat and get the endorphins going, your brain releases feel-good chemicals that can affect your entire demeanor. Plus, when you workout and you set small goals, and hit those, then you feel good about yourself! And just the act of doing something challenging, sweating some, and knowing you are making changes to your body and appearance can give you boosts of confidence that can make a huge difference!
3) Feel Better-working out makes you feel better all around! When you focus your mind on working out, it gets your thoughts off of worries/stresses of life (which we know tends to increase when you become a mommy), and gets you out of the cycle of negative thoughts that can breed anxiety or depression.
4) Stay Healthy for kids sake-as a mom, there are so many more activities in our lives that can take a toll on our body. Not to mention the post pregnancy body that can tend to lack core muscles, and strength in many areas that we need to lug our baby around and get up and down off the floor to play. Working out helps us strengthen those core muscles. It helps us gain flexibility and strength in the muscles that we need to be able to play with our babies and take care of them! That way we are able to live life to the fullest with them without feeling pain in our body!
5) Lead by Example-this is what I'm all about! Leaving a Healthy & Active Lifestyle Legacy! It's so important, especially when you become a parent! Just think, tips 1-4, you want to instill all of those things in your children: you want your child to value him/herself, to be a confident person, to feel good about who they are, and to be healthy all around! So let's make a commitment to instill that in them, and it starts with US! It's starts with you making time to workout and letting all of those values begin to take effect in your own life! That example you set will be seen and felt by your children, and you will #LeaveYourLegacy!
So start now! Take charge of your life! Give yourself permission to take time throughout your week to workout!
If you aren't sure where to start, try this NO EXCUSES WORKOUT that I put together! I actually did the workout with my child in the stroller, so go outside, with your baby in the stroller, and use the stroller some! I am all about Stroller Workouts! That's why I have started teaching Fit4Mom Stroller Strides classes! I am so excited to be able to share these values and tips with the momma's I encounter and be able to help them gain confidence and value for themselves through working out!
[bctt tweet="Moms!! Give yourself permission to workout! Here's my Top 5 Reasons to find time to workout as a mom with @brittanysuell #leaveyourlegacy"]
Leave a comment and tell me....
Is it a value of yours to workout?
How have you found time to workout while being a mom?