It's 4th of July weekend, which usually means....lots of fun in the sun with family! And when you are out in hot weather, a cold, fruity drink can usually make you feel incredible! Throw some gin in the drink....and well, you will feel that much better!
So, in honor of a fun and celebratory weekend, I created an amazing cocktail recipe for you guys!
Enter the ROASTED GRAPEFRUIT SPLASH!
First off though, let's just talk about why this Grapefruit Splash is the perfect drink for this time of year!
For starters, grapefruit is in season right now, and the benefits of eating in season foods, (see an entire list of summer fruits & veggies here), are huge!
Benefits of eating in season fruits
- It's cheaper
- Tastes Better
- Fresher & with Higher Nutritional Value
- Avoids Contaminates and GMO's
- Supports the bodies natural nutritional needs
- More environmentally friendly
Secondly, Grapefruit is full of nutritional value, and what better way to enjoy it than in a cocktail!?!
Benefits of Grapefruit:
- Increases Heart Health
- Fights off High Blood Pressure and Cancer
- Benefits the digestive system
- Is good for the skin
- Is Hydrating
So if you haven't been enjoying grapefruit this time of year, this ROASTED GRAPEFRUIT SPLASH is the perfect way to start!
Roasted Grapefruit SPLASH
- 2 large grapefruits
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- + enough syrup to drizzle on grapefruits
- Lemon LaCroix
- Turn oven on broil. Cut the grapefruits in half, (cut a slice or two for garnishing as well) and lay cut side up on a baking pan. Drizzle tops with pure maple syrup. Broil for 7 minutes.
- Heat up water and maple syrup either in a small saucepan, or in a microwave. Stir thoroughly.
- Once the grapefruit is done, take the juice of the grapefruit (I use a small handheld juicer to get the juice from it), and combine that with the simple syrup (water+maple syrup). Refrigerate until cooled.
- In cup, fill with ice. Add 1 shot of gin. (or 2 if you are feeling it), plus 2 shots of grapefruit mixture, then top it off with the Lemon LaCroix. (feel free to try other flavors of LaCroix with it as well!)
As always, make the recipe, snap a photo, share it, and tag me! @Brittanysuell #simplysugarfree
& Don't forget to PIN it! (hover over the photo to see the PIN IT Icon)
P.S. Join me starting Monday for a FREE 7-Day Introduction to the Sugar Free Lifestyle Bootcamp! Fill the form out below to get signed up!