It's Thanksgiving week, and I don't know about you guys, but that means LOTS OF FOOD, and an espcially large amount of desserts with our family!
So my favorite way to beat the Holiday Deprevation Blues...aka feeling like you are "doing without" because you are eating healthy, or on a diet....is to bring my own dessert!
I love to take holiday favorites and make them healthier, and SUGAR FREE! I've got so many recipes like this in my SIMPLY SUGAR FREE COOKBOOK, which is ON SALE now! And that's what I did with this Thanksgiving, PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE that's amazing!
So I can come out of next week's holiday festivities feeling confident and proud that I didn't wreck all my efforts with one meal and leftovers!
Seriously, when I gave up refined sugar almost 3 years ago, I remember the best feeling of accomplishment I had was after our first holiday weekend....It was 4th of July, and we had attended a huge party! So much food, and an entire dining room devoted to DESSERTS! So much dessert!
I came home from that event, not feeling bloated, regretful, or guilty! I felt proud! I didn't step on the scale on Monday and say all these negative things to myself! The scale didn't jump up 5 lbs! Yes, I may have eaten some junk food [chips, hot dogs...], but no sugar! And it didn't affect my waistline or weight!
I easily jumped right back into my working out and healthy eating routine! IT'S ALL ABOUT BALANCE, and this is one of my favorite ways to keep my balance!
So here's to a well balanced, and delicious THANKSGIVING Meal!
Pumpkin Cheese Cake
(Source: BrittanySuell.com + Simply Sugar Free Cookbook)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup organic stevia or monk fruit
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup Collagen (I used the Mom Fuel Vanilla Collagen. If you don’t have this, you can just add another ½ cup of almond flour)
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 4 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Use mixer to combine cream cheese, Greek Yogurt, stevia, vanilla, and eggs. LEAVE PUMPKIN ASIDE
- While the cream is mixing, use medium size bowl and a spatula to combine the almond flour, collagen, almonds, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt for crust
- Rub coconut oil into cupcake pan or a cheesecake spring pan. (if doing cupcake size, this will make 12-16 cupcakes)
- Evenly divide the almond mixture into the pans or pan, and use your fingers to flatten the crust into the bottom
- Set aside ¼ of the cream mixture
- Using the remaining ¾ evenly divide it into the pan, leaving a ¼ amount of room on top
- Take the remaining ¼ of cream that you set aside, and combine the pumpkin puree. Once combined, add it to the top of the cupcakes or pan. If doing a pan, drop it into dollops around the top, then take a butter knife and swirl it in for a fun swirl cheesecake
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool on counter top for 20 minutes, then refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
**I would LOVE for you to share this with your friends!