As many of you know from social media, I've been taking care of a messed up back for sometime now. Without a true diagnosis, I've seen a chiropractor, doctor, and now doing some physical therapy. It is starting to feel better, but still about once a week I have a flair up of pain that seems to put me out and make normal life very miserable and on some occasions nearly impossible.
So today during my PT appointment, I got dry needling done for the 2nd time, which is an amazing practice, and truly incredible how it works. (more on that to come later)
Afterwards, I got to take advantage of the clinics INFRARED SAUNA.
This is something I have known about and plan to utilize next week at the Abilene, TX. Gold Monarch Healing Center where I work with people who are healing from trauma. I lead them through what we call Charisma Stretch, which are trauma releasing exercises that go deep into the Psoas muscles, (our hip flexors), which is where we hold a lot of stress and trauma. It's a Christian practice where I get to ask God to come in and heal wounded places in people's lives along with utilizing specific stretches, it is incredible. SIDENOTE: if you are local and want more details about doing a session with me, let me know! I LOVE being able to do this!
Now, back to the Infrared Sauna. This was my first experience, and I wanted to share with you guys what it is, and what you benefit from using one!
WHAT IS AN INFRARED SAUNA?
- A type of sauna that uses light to create heat
- An effective tool for healing and prevention
- Infrared light has the ability to penetrate human tissue which creates multiple anti-aging benefits
- A traditional sauna uses heat to warm the air, which in turn warms your body. An infrared sauna heats your body directly without warming the air around you. (source)
- Less heated than normal saunas, but with the same results, making it easier for anyone to handle the heat, and reap the benefits
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Detoxification-the infrared sauna heats the body directly, resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
- Relaxation-it's a gentle, soothing, and therapeutic heat
- Weight Loss-"Studies have shown that benefits of an infrared sauna session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories." (source)
- Pain Relief-Infrared sauna heat penetrates tissue, joints and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Blood Pressure Reduction-the heat causes your heart to pump blood fast, which increases blood flow and circulation
- Anti-Aging-"The near infrared wavelengths are the most effective wavelengths for healing the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin."
I definitely felt great after I was done, and would encourage anyone to try it out. I am planning to continue utilizing this form of heat therapy, and will keep you all updated on how it goes!
Be sure you follow my Instagram stories for daily updates on this, plus so much more!