If you haven't heard, then no worries, I am here to answer all the questions that you may, or may not have about the Yoga Challenge. And....if you are thinking Yoga is not for you, then hold your horses....because you are going to want to be part of this challenge. There are great perks, the moves can be done by beginners or advanced yogis, and taking a little time to stretch, and breathe more could do your body good!
[bctt tweet="Here's everything you need to know to #TaketheLeap with @brittanysuell @prana @fitapproach #leaveyourlegacy #sweatpink"]
What is it?
-It's a Yoga Challenge hosted by Prana & Fitapproach. Basically, as Prana launches their Spring line, they want to motivate people to DO YOGA every day for 30 days!! So they have challenge leaders, (uh-hum) that's me! Who will post Yoga poses on their social media sites every day for everyone to do.
How long does it last?
-The challenge goes from February 2-March8th, 30 days total.
Who is it for?
-ANYONE!! Wahoo! and Everyone! Basically, if you have never done a Yoga pose in your life, this challenge is for you. AND....if you are an advanced Yogi, this challenge is for you!
But, I never do Yoga, can I even do these poses?
-Yes! As one of your challenge leaders, I plan to show basic poses, and advanced options so that everyone can participate. And if this is your first time, take the basic moves and enjoy them! It's part of Yoga to be happy where you are in a pose, and to grow as you practice. Who knows, some of the poses might even be easy enough that you want to try the advanced poses! No pressure though, just do what your body is capable of!
How do I participate?
-Great question! So, FOLLOW ME! I will mostly be posting on Instagram, so you definitely want to follow me there. I will also post photos of the poses on my Facebook Page as well, but I can't always get videos on there, so INSTAGRAM is definitely where you want to be following!
- Each day I will post a video and/or a photo with the pose of the day on it, with some instruction for you.
- I encourage you to practice the pose for 3-5minutes a day.
- Then post a photo and/or video on your own social media site
- Be sure to tag @Fitapproach @Prana @Brittanysuell #TaketheLeap #LeaveYourLegacy
- You can also join the Facebook Group for the challenge. Lot's of awesome people will be there cheering each other on, and posting their daily posts there!
What's in it for me?
- There's an awesome community out there that you can get involved with by being a part of the challenge. Click on the #TaketheLeap hashtag and follow others in the challenge. Interact on the Facebook group. And tell me what you think of the poses and how practicing Yoga for 30 days is helping you. You will get motivation and encouragement all over the place!
- You could WIN $500 for YOU AND A FRIEND from Prana!! Yep you heard me right!
How do I win?
-Post every day and use the tags and hashtags I mentioned above! *If you forget to post one day, don't worry, just catch up the next day!
What else do I need to know?
-I want to follow you throughout the challenge as well, so comment on my Instagram and let me know you are participating so that I can follow you! And tag me in your daily posts, @brittanysuell #LeaveYourLegacy so that I can cheer you on!
What kind of poses will we be doing?
I have decided to post my poses as a Yoga progression. Basically this means that I will start slow, and build up, so that each day you can stack the poses on top of each other, to create an entire Yoga practice over the 30 days!
WEEK 1: Warm-Up Poses
WEEK 2: Working Poses (Warrior Poses)
WEEK 3: Balancing Poses/Advanced Poses
WEEK 4: Cool Down Poses
So get ready for an awesome 30 days full of great Yoga poses! Take time out of your day to spend alone to practice Yoga. Breathe deep, and breath full, and let this Yoga practice reenergize you and relieve stress, and create a sense of peace in your life!!
So I want to know, are you going to #TaketheLeap with me!?!? Let me know in the comments!