So...I didn't eat bagels until late in life. Sometime in my mid-20's I found Einstein Bagel's Cinnamon Sugar Bagel with the honey nut cream cheese! And as a lover of cinnamon toast, I naturally fell in love with this bagel.
However, I only had it on occasion since there was no Einstein's in my town. Then...when I went sugar free in 2015, it was nearly impossible to find any bagels made without sugar.
I personally tried numerous recipes, and not only were they all very time consuming and straight up just hard to make, but they never really turned out very well...sadly.
Finally... 2.5 years later, I have developed the PERFECT recipe! And if you didn't know, most bagels are made after mixing, rolling dough, cutting dough, boiling, then FINALLY baking dough! WOW....I told you it was hard!
This recipe though is so easy! Just snag up a donut pan, mix the ingredients, bake them and ENJOY!
By the way, if you haven't snagged your copy of my cookbook yet, now is your chance! GO HERE TO ORDER ONE!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2TBSP ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla plant based protein powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs and Greek Yogurt in a mixer
- Add in flaxseed, salt, baking powder, coconut flour and protein powder together
- Rub coconut oil in a 6 capacity donut pan
- Add dough evening in the 6 donuts
- Bake bagels for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Cool slightly then remove from pan
- Eat right away, or keep refrigerated until ready to toast and serve