That's right...an all time favorite for sure!
A cookie cake made with no gluten, sugar, or dairy! What more could you ask for?!?
Well I guess you could ask for it to taste good....and let me tell you, this one definitely does!
When I gave up sugar in 2015, it was about 2 years in before I found a cookie recipe that actually felt like a cookie. I know that sounds weird, but many of the cookies I tried making just didn't FEEL like the texture of a cookie. Finally I found one though, and loved it! I never dreamed though that I would EVER be able to create a Cookie CAKE!
And not only do I...the sugar free girl LOVE IT! But I had it tested by many sugar intakers over the weekend at my son's 3rd birthday and they also loved it!
I made two of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cakes with Eggland's Best Eggs, and stacked them on top of each other. Using the Chocolate Avocado Icing from my Simply Sugar Free Cookbook. Then of course I had to decorate it so that my 3 year old would go nuts over it! The cake fit the construction party theme!
Another thing I love about this cake is that it's Gluten Free. I don't always bake things gluten free, but this year one of my goals has been to create more gluten free recipes, and this one is a major winner.
Plus with the use of Eggland's Best Eggs, which are naturally gluten-free, and contain highly functional proteins, this cake adds essential nutrients that our bodies need. So if you are trying out some gluten free baking, Eggland's Best Eggs are ideal to use with gluten free flours to help them bind together since the gluten is being left out.
This recipe is so easy to make, and is really, simply GUILT FREE! Usually I make one, and it's easily gone by the next day! My entire family loves it, even without the yummy icing and cute decorations!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE with Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl use a whisk to scramble the Eggland's Best Eggs, add in maple syrup, coconut oil, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula and add in baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and almond flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- In a pie pan, or 8 inch cake pan, use coconut to grease the pan.
- Add the cookie mixture to the pan and bake for 17-20 minutes
- Turn the oven to broil for about 1 minute to brown the top