April..... It's probably one of the best month's out of the whole year!
The weather begins changing, and let's face it. No matter where you live, coming off of the cold months, it feels good to have the sun on your face, see flowers everywhere you go, and know that a vacation is on the horizon.
Plus, April just feels like a time of newness! It's the time when Spring Cleaning starts happening, physically in our home, sometimes mentally even. In April we tend to feel less stressed as the days are longer, and the overall feeling of life is just better!
Plus, it's the month where we tend to take our healthy and wellness game up a notch. This may be due to the fact that we will soon be wearing less layers, and getting ready for time by the pool. Or it is just because we have one time in the day to spend taking care of ourself.
So like I said! April is the best month out of the whole year!
(Okay, maybe that's just my opinion, but I'm sure some of you can agree!)
[bctt tweet="April is here! Enjoy the good weather, the longer days, and kick your fitness up a notch with some of these tips from @brittanysuell #leaveyourlegacy"]
Here's a few things you can do to take advantage of the wonderful month of APRIL!
1) Try a new outdoor activity! No matter what it is, find something you enjoy but haven't been able to do during winter, or try something totally new!!
2) Walk, Run, & Bike MORE! Maybe you are able to bike to work....do it! Or maybe you can walk to the store or coffee shop....do it! Or maybe you don't live close to anything, that's okay, go for a walk with the family or to the park to walk! Just try to drive less, and use your legs more!
3) Eat yummy in season fruit! Yep, Spring & Summer time just make you want to eat fruit! The warm weather, and cold drinks in the backyard go great with some ripe watermelon! And did you know, that it's our body's natural way to crave those foods during the summer because your body knows that they are in season. It's also why we have a tendency to put on a few pounds in the summer, because we are eating the sugary fruits that are in season, and storing up fats for the winter. (just a little lesson for the day!) Anyways, check out this post from a local blogger about which fruits are in season!
4) Do a little Spring Cleaning! It's the perfect time to downsize, get rid of things you not longer use. Whether you donate them to help others out, sale them in a garage sale or repurpose them, it's always good to clean things out during this time! If you are planning to get rid of some t-shirts, Jessica from The Fit Switch did a video blog on a great way to repurpose your t-shirts into headbands, plus some great workout hair styles! Check that out HERE!
5) Detox the Body! Sure for some this means detox through a specific type of eating cleanse, but for now, I'm going to suggest using a few detoxing Yoga poses to get you started! Also, join me on Instagram, I'm currently participating in a #DetoxYoBody Yoga Challenge! TWISTING POSES are awesome for detoxing the body, so try these!
Oh, and did I mention that earth day is this month!!!
APRIL 22ND! and for all you locals, I've got an awesome collaboration planned with The Mill Winery of Abilene! We are hosting a Wellness Wednesday event!!
That's right! $15 gets you a Yoga class with ME!! A Nutrition Workshop, plus their yummy Sangria in a souvenir glass that you can take home!
So who is making plans to celebrate EARTH DAY with me!?!?
QUESTION OF THE DAY!
What's your favorite thing about April!? What plans do you have to make this a great month!?