So.....it's Friday, right around 5PM....the weekend is about to start! Being a stay at home mom, I still look forward to Friday at 5PM. It's the time when I know my husband will come home and be a little more relaxed. The time when we don't have to be so uptight with our evenings. We can get a little less done around the house, stay up a little later at night, and sleep in a little later in the mornings. Because there is always Saturday and Sunday, two full days of being together. Of getting to have breakfast together and coffee on the porch. Plus you have extra time to finish up some projects around the time, and plenty of time to spend together as a family.
So, with the weekend upon us, I wonder, what will we do this weekend. There are some weekends you know that your family just needs to REST!
This weekend is not like that though, I am racking my brain thinking of what active things we can do together as a family. So I thought I would share some of my ideas with you in the hopes that maybe you too will decide to choose a fun activity to do with your family, and you will get outside to soak up these last few weekends of summer as a family, doing something active!
Here's a list of ideas on how to GET ACTIVE THIS WEEKEND:
- Take a walk around your neighborhood
- Walk to a coffee shop or restaurant if it's near you for a morning or afternoon treat
- Go to a park to play at the playground or splash pad
- Go to the zoo
- Go on a bike ride (I will be looking for one of those bike baby carriers soon!)
- Go on a picnic
- Go play a sport you never play or take your kids out and teach them a new sport
- Go on a hike
- Find a state park to go exploring at
- Build something together
- Plant flowers together
- Take the dogs to a dog park
- Do a family workout or take your kids to a family yoga session
- Go to the pool, lake or beach for a family swim
- Go camping
- Invite friends over and get creative, come up with a scavenger hunt or relay for everyone to compete in
- Invite friends out to play sand volleyball
- Go skating
These are just to name a few of the ACTIVE ideas that you can do as a family or couple.
I think the hubs and I are going to go to a local park and play tennis. Neither of us are tennis players, but we used to play for fun when we first started dating (we aren't very good). Anyways, we have rackets from taking a P.E. course in college, so we thought we might go try our hand in playing this weekend! Then you will probably find us at home building stuff for our business Simply Suell!
& from my family to yours, have a wonderful, ACTIVE weekend with your family!