Well....this weekend is race weekend, and lot's of thoughts are swimming through my head! So today, for the Friday Five Link-Up, I've decided to share with you a few of the thoughts that I am already having, or I know I will be having when I'm standing at the start line of the Big D Half Marathon on Sunday morning!
1) "Why didn't I run more!!??"
This is seriously a thought I've been having lately because the last few weeks haven't been my best, or consistent in training. I mean I ran 10 miles three weeks ago, so that gives me some encouragement, but even in my shorter miles over the past few weeks, I just haven't been on top of things in my scheduling, so I haven't been getting those in. Plus I've been being a baby and not wanting to run with my stroller.
2) "It's soooo early...seriously if I was normal, I could be in bed, cozy...not cold, not stressing, and not about to push myself for 13.1 miles! WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING!"
Did I mention there was going to be lots of whining here....! haha Seriously though, I think pre-race, or even at the start of the race, there's this jittery nervousness that comes over me that makes me question, and second-guess everything!
3) "To wear the long sleeve or not....that is the question."
Early morning races can have a tendency to start out cold...even in April. And although I know I will warm up rather quickly, do I want to sacrifice the short amount of time and be cold, or stay warm, and then just have to wear a long sleeve shirt around my waist the entire time. It's a pretty big dilemma here!
4) "I wish I could run while drinking hot coffee....maybe I should invent a running camel back type thing that holds coffee...and keeps it hot. Well I guess while I'm at it I should create a healthy, hydrating, protein infused coffee drink so that I won't feel bad for drinking it while running."
Seriously....I might be delirious by this point, but this is what I'm thinking!
5) "OH NO!! The race is about to start, and I think I have to pee!!..............AGAIN!!!!!!"
Welcome to my life. I seriously have to pee all the time! This was before I became a mom, while I was pregnant, and still now. I drink a lot of water (and coffee)....so I constantly have to go to the bathroom! And it seems like every time I start a race or run I have to go! Seriously, at my first half marathon ever, we ran down a hill at the start line and I ran right into a Porta Potty. Honestly I don't even know why there was one at the beginning of the race, but I was thankful for whoever planned that out!
So yes, this may seem like a crazy person talking, but these are thought I am having, have had before, or can imagine myself having. But guess what!!?? As soon as I cross that finish line.....all that will be gone! Instead, I'll be thinking....
1) "Wahoo! That race went great! I felt good mentally, my legs felt good! I'm so glad training went so well and I ran so much in preparation for this!"
2) "OMG It's only 8:45AM, and I've already ran 13.1 miles! So glad I'm not one of those lame people that are still at home in bed! I feel great, and I'm so awake!"
3) "I should probably change clothes now since everything I'm wearing is soaked from sweat! Oh...heyo, I'll put on my race t-shirt because I freaking beast-moded that thing!" (yes I know beast-moded is not grammatically correct)
4) "I'll take that coffee now...Starbucks please! And since I haven't invented my nutritious coffee running drink yet, go ahead and give me some water and some Nuun please!"
5) "Oh ya, I still have to pee!"
[bctt tweet="If you are training for a race, be prepared...you might start having some of these crazy thoughts! via @brittanysuell"]
Are you a racer? What kind of crazy thoughts have you had leading up to a race?
Check out these other posts about racing:
I’m joining these awesome bloggers for the #FridayFive linkup! Mar on the Run, Eat Pray Run DC, & You Signed Up For What? And I’m joining Jill Conyers for the Fitness Friday linkup! Go show them some love!